Don't index homepage on wordpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't index homepage on wordpress

Id like my homepage not to be indexed for the search results. Im using wordpress so Im not sure how to configure Zoom so it will skip the homepage since I dont really have a static page. Ive tried using the skip options, but I have not had much luck. any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Kristin

If this is your "Start Spider URL", you can click on the "More" button next to it, then select "Edit" and change the spider option so that it will "Follow links only" for that page and not index it.

Alternatively, you can add a meta robots tag to say "noindex" and it will continue to follow the links from it.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Could also use it to skip other pages? If so do I just add them to the list and use the same no follow attribute?

Comment

If you want to skip pages, you enter them under "Configure"->"Skip options" in the page skip list. The spider will not even visit these pages (nor follow their links).

The list under the "More" button are start points. That means a spider starts at one URL, follows the links from it to crawl other pages obeying the Base URL rule, and when it is done it moves to the next start point.

It's not a skip list because for example, if your first start point indexes a URL, by the time it gets to the next start point, it will decide that URL has already been indexed and ignore it.

If you want to not index the content of a number of pages, but only follow any links found on them, add meta robots tags to them with the "noindex" value.

Or use ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART tags.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X