X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get PHP to work, help!

I've followed the instructions in this doc:

http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/UsingPHPwithFlyingAnt.pdf

I downloaded the latest thread safe PHP release (5.3.4) and copied the two files php-cgi.exe and php5ts.dll across to the Win32 folder (is this right? It wasn't really explained very well). I added the relavant line to the bottom of my config file, which now has this:

listen_ports 8091
    open_url http://127.0.0.1:8091/index.php
    document_root ..\..\Website\
    exit_page /exit_pages/exit_windows.html
    aliases /zoom/search.cgi=/zoom/search_win32.cgi,
    cgi_extensions .cgi=,.php=php-cgi.exe

When I start the windows server, it opens my index.php file but it just spits out all the php / html in it, no proper rendering or anything. Any ideas? This is on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, using Firefox as my browser.

Hello,

The files php-cgi.exe and php5ts.dll needs to be placed in the root of FlyingAnt webserver. According to your config file, it should be the "Website" folder.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

Excellent, thanks Richard, a step in the right direction. PHP seems to at least be working now, but is it possible to configure everything like you would a proper PHP server? I'm hoping to come across from Server2Go (no Mac support), but that's all setup straight off which is handy, with a fully functioning PHP server. Possible with Flyingant?

Comment

We have never tested installing PHP with Flyingant on a Mac. But if you have PHP working already then I think there is a fair chance you can get it fully functional (if it isn't already).

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
          We have never tested installing PHP with Flyingant on a Mac. But if you have PHP working already then I think there is a fair chance you can get it fully functional (if it isn't already).
          I've not got on to testing with Macs yet, I'm still at the stage of trying to get PHP working properly on my PC. I've got a few odd issues which I'm not sure whether they are PHP or server issues. For example, the only php files working properly are index.php files, any other file returns a 404. Also, directories don't automatically show their index.php file, I have to do /directory/index.php rather than just /directory/.

Any thoughts on these? Are they server configuration issues?

Comment

FlyingAnt should automatically find the index file in a folder.

The default list it uses to find the file to display by default is,
            index.html index.htm index.php index.cgi

You can override the default list by adding this line, as an example, to the flyingant.conf file.
            index_files index.php default.php index.html index.htm

If this doesn't work on a PC, let us know. We'll have a deeper look.

There is no reason for the 404 error for PHP files named other than index.php that I can think of. Are you sure you have the URL correct. (upper and lower case included).

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
              I've gotten php to load just fine on Windows using your instructions (http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/UsingPHPwithFlyingAnt.pdf), but the Mac is giving me some serious headaches. Can you point me in the right direction as to which files I'll need to include and execute in the flyingant.conf?

Thanks.

Comment

We have never tested installing PHP with Flyingant on a Mac.
                So we don't know which files are required.

I just had a look at the PHP developers web site.
                They don't seem to have binaries for the Mac. So I guess you are meant to download the source code and compile it all first if you want to run it on a Mac. Have you done this?

You can't use the Window's PHP binary on a Mac.

Comment

Working...
                X