Search page error - VBScript runtime error 0x800A01AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search page error - VBScript runtime error 0x800A01AD

When I try the search engine on my machine (windows XP Pro), I receive the following error:

Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
    ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

The search engine was running a while back, but now, nothing.

It could be one of several issues.

1) Because your server has an old version of MDAC installed. Make sure you have MDAC 2.8 or later installed on your web server. Be sure to reboot the server after installing the new version.

2) You have a corrupted install of VBscript and may need to re-install VBScript.

3) You have some Antivirus software installed. e.g. Norton or Mcafee. These AV software can disable scripts, you just have to re-enable them. In the options->scripts->uncheck the disable scripts
    (Check this first as it is the most likely issue)

-----
    David

Comment

Scripting.FileSystemObject 0x800A01AD

0x800A01AD
      Scripting.FileSystemObject. (GUID) of "{0D43FE01-F093-11CF-8940-00A0C9054228}" 0x800A01AD Permissions

This Problem nearly foxed me and it was a result of so much information on file dependencies being bantered about Microsoft forums.

Problem:

Following the uninstallation of some shareware apps I suddenly found that I was receiving the following message when running my ASP pages:

Error Type:

The fix turned out to be quite easy:

1. Go to windows run menu and type regedit
      2. Once regedit opens go to the edit menu and then select find…
      3. In the find dialogue box search for “Scripting.FileSystemObject.”
      4. Right click the registry key (not the data) and select permissions and then ‘Add’ and then type everyone and then click ‘Add’.
      5. Now you must ensure that everyone has got Full Control by right clicking on everyone and setting the permission. Once tested you may find that you can reduce this to read only but to begin with set to Full Control
      6. Find the next occurrence as there are two occurrences in the registry.
      7. Again add an everyone group and then apply the same Full Control.
      8. Close the registry and then run your ASP code again and providing that you have followed these instructions to the letter, you should find that the problem has been resolved.

David Carty UK

Comment

Working...
      X