Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD Version 5 GCI ERROR #502

hello,
    im running a 64 bit windows 2008 server with hosting controller installed and the apps. run with CGI IIS, Im getting this ERROR:

HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "Unrecognized character \x90 at c:\webstore\admin\globalvisioncom\globalvisioncomm unication.com\www\search.cgi line 1. ".

Detailed Error Information

Module

CgiModule

Notification

ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler

CGI Script Map

Error Code

0x00000009

Requested URL

http://www.globalvisioncommunication.com:80/search.cgi?zoom_query=bbb&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_an d=1&zoom_sort=0

Physical Path

c:\webstore\admin\globalvisioncom\globalvisioncomm unication.com\www\search.cgi

Logon Method

Anonymous

Logon User

Anonymous

Most likely causes:•The CGI process was shut down or terminated unexpectedly before it finished processing the request.
    •The CGI process has a flaw and does not return a complete set of HTTP headers.

Things you can try:•Check the event logs on the system to see whether the CGI process is shutting down unexpectedly.
    •Troubleshoot the CGI application to determine why it is not sending a complete set of HTTP headers.

Could someone help me out with this issue ?????
    Thanks

There are several versions of the CGI (Linux, Windows, BSD, Sun). Check you are using the Windows option.

Also check IIS isn't configured to assume all CGIs are Perl script. As this can cause the error you have seen.

Also see this FAQ about common CGI problems,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html

Comment

502 ERROR on Server 2008 - invalid response

I checked the CGI and ISAPI filters and all is OK, PHP - 5.9.2 installed
      PERL and all webserver extensions are allowed ??????

I took off the firewall and still get the same error ????
      I changed the search.cgi to an exe and it does not work ??????
      this one has got me ??????

thanks for your prior advice,,,,,
      I going to upgrade to latest version but I have to resolve this issue ???
      http://www.globalvisioncommunication.com/

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
      There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Comment

PHP - 5.9.2 installed PERL and all webserver extensions are allowed
        As mentioned in my last post. Having Perl setup to handle CGIs is a potential problem. If you have installed Perl then it is more likely this is the problem.

If you try V6 and there is still a problem, and you want to give us remote desktop access to the server, then I am sure we can sort it out.

Comment

thank you

I Shal

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X