Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moodle 2.0 problems indexing site

Hello

I have a moodle 2 site - http://talkmedicalonline.co.uk/moodle/ I have followed the user guide and can nicely index all the site that sits outside of moodle i. Http://talkmedicalonline.co.uk) . The indexer is giving errors about being unable to login - "unable to automatically fill in login form" - I have tried logging in manually and then setting the index off from a page within moodle but just cant get it to work.

I am running zoom search engine 6. Has anyone successfully indexed their moodle site - I am using username and password as the variable name and have tried all different ideas on the user manual. Help much appreciated.

These FAQ might help,
    Q. How to create a search engine for your Moodle website

Q. How do I index protected parts of my website requiring user authentication?

If not please get back to us.

Comment

Futher help required moodle 2.0 search issue

HI there

Thanks for both links - I have followed these tutorials already - unfortunately nothing has yet prevented the error message regarding the search engine cannot login .

Happy to give you credentials for you to see etc ? Really do need assistance as I am presenting this software at my final thesis report at university next weds and would really like to demo it working.

Kind regards casey

My email for me to send you credentials = casey@purecalmdesigns.co.uk
      Last edited by casey6601; Sep-29-2011, 08:56 AM. Reason: contact details included for privacy sending credentials

Comment

You can E-mail us details here.

Comment

The login mechanism requires some indication that the "Login" button has been clicked.

We directed Casey to try the V7 Alpha.

Under "Configure"->"Authentication", there is an "Additional parameters" field. Enter here:
          loginbtn=Login

This is to reflect the login HTML button on the login page:
          <input type="submit" id="loginbtn" value="Login" />

After this, it will start indexing /admin/ pages and other links that are visible to the logged in user. You should exclude these URLs by adjusting your Skip Options. Also make sure to skip the "logout" page if there is one or the spider will follow that link and log itself out.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Moodle 2.0 problems indexing site

Hi,

I have followed the thread below, installed Zoom v7 (Enterprise Edition), and configured authentication for my Moodle site. Zoom can successfully index content including .doc, .pdf, .xls ect...

BUT, Zoom does not index the words/content inside any of these document formats. Any ideas why?
            Please assist.

================================================== ======
            Originally posted by Ray View Post
            The login mechanism requires some indication that the "Login" button has been clicked.

We directed Casey to try the V7 Alpha.

Under "Configure"->"Authentication", there is an "Additional parameters" field. Enter here:
            loginbtn=Login

This is to reflect the login HTML button on the login page:
            <input type="submit" id="loginbtn" value="Login" />

After this, it will start indexing /admin/ pages and other links that are visible to the logged in user. You should exclude these URLs by adjusting your Skip Options. Also make sure to skip the "logout" page if there is one or the spider will follow that link and log itself out.
            =============================

Comment

Working...
            X