How to customize search page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to customize search page

Hello, I would like to ask how can I customize search page? Like search form, searh results, fonts, colors, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Start with this FAQ
    Q. How do I customize the appearance of my search results with CSS?

Comment

Localization

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      How do we localize the search.aspx page. We can change anything except adding the header/footer and font size. ??? Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What do you need to change?

By editing the search_template.html file and the CSS within you can change pretty much anything in terms of styling.

For localisation of the search text, you can do this from the languages configuration window. ("Configure"->"Languages"->"Search page language")

See also this FAQ,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/languages.html

Comment

Customizing Search Page

I need to localize the search button and also the " Search this Page" and as when i change the language I need to be able to see this content in a different language. This is not possible.

Yes you can change the font. color, and size in the search.html but thats not it. We need to be able localize the search.aspx so that I will see the content as per the language choose.

Comment

As mentioned above,

For localisation of the search text, you can do this from the languages configuration window. ("Configure"->"Languages"->"Search page language")

It is also possible to have multiple sets of index files, one per language. You could for example, place each one into a separate sub-folder.

Comment

Can I have two search.html pages.

Hey,
              I would like to have two different search.html pages for two different languages. How can I specify which search.html page to be used by search.aspx.

For example, I want search1.html for search_eng.aspx and for french I want search2.html for search_fr.aspx. Is this possible, how can i do this

Comment

The easy way is just to make 2 sub-folders, one per language. Then you don't need to change the default file names.

Comment

Can i add more languages

Comment

You can add new languages from the "Languages" configuration window.
                    The include Help file also contains more details.

Comment

Working...
                    X