PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drupal - Display results from search block onto another page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drupal - Display results from search block onto another page.

Im building a site in Drupal 7 and using zoom to index the pdf files for the site. I have a search block on one page which currently displays the results in an external page.

Could you give me some advice on how to display the results to an existing drupal page within the site? Ive looked into iframes but Im not sure about the syntax for targeting the iframe.

Thanks,

Paul

One other customer did get Drupal and Ifames to work,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1830

Is your site live where we can see it?

Comment

Thanks I did see that post. It looks like on his search the search box and the page are on the same page. I also saw the faq for the DNN site (unfortunately there doesnt seem to be an iframe module for Drupal 7 yet)

For the site im building I need for the search block is located on one page and the client wants the results page to open in a new window, but with the theme to keep a consistant look.

Below is my current code for the iframe and the search block. The site is not live yet and is currently hosted on a vpn so i cant send you a link.

Thanks

Iframe located on page called searchresults
      <iframe name="zoom_search" width = "100%" height = "1000"></iframe>

Search block located on a seperate page
      <form action="/searchresults" method="get" target = "zoom_search" >
      p><input name="zoom_query" size="20" type="text" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" /></p>
      </form>
      <p>&nbsp;</p>

So far Ive been able to either target the iframe or run the search, but not both. I considered trying to use php to pass the value of the search box as a string and use that to build the source for the iframe, but havent had any success with that.

Comment

We're not Drupal users here, so it's hard for us to say. But what you want is a way to pass the QueryString (or HTTP GET parameters) that is sent to the page, to the IFRAME inside the page. DNN supports this, so it's hard to imagine that Drupal doesn't.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X