Search results to be displayed in Frameset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results to be displayed in Frameset

Hi. I'm testing ZoomSearch with Adobe RoboHelp output and want it to work like RoboHelp's own inbuilt search function. In essence there is a frameset with the left hand pane containing the search results and the right hand pane displaying the content when a link is clicked.

I've managed to get the search pane to display in the left hand pane but when a link is clicked, the content always displays in a new window. I've tried to identify the content pane name and add this to the ZoomSearch Start page options with no success.

Indeed ZoomSearch's own help file seems to use ZoomSearch and manages to operate in the way I want, so it appears to be possible. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help or guidence you can provide would be appreciated.

You need to specify the name of the frame that you want the results to open in, under "Configure"->"Search Page"->"Results linking". Select "Frame or window" and enter the name there. You will need to re-index for it to take effect.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X