Zoom V6 not reading the dynamic content of my asp.net website
I'm having a strange problem. I have been using the php search on my asp.net website for 1-2 years without any problems. Then I decided it was time to update my website to a new design.
The test website is www.hansparts.com . All of the dynamic content works in the browser (IE), but the search engine is not reading any dynamic content. The website is designed for the search engines to go from the homepage (www.hansparts.com) to http://www.hansparts.com/ShowAllParts.aspx . There it will read all of the links to the products on my webpage. This is working fine. Zoom can find all of the pages, but is having a problem reading the dynamic content on each page.
Let's look at the first link (top left) on ShowAllParts.aspx: http://www.hansparts.com/RebuiltBEWTurbocharger.aspx
For example the phrase "Detailed Compatability Data For This Part" is on every page as static content, and zoom indexer picks up that just fine, but the information listed later is not read by the zoom indexer. It is dynamic content.
To produce this problem, search HansParts for "detailed" and over 2000 pages will show up. Search the website for "turbocharger" and only 5 webpages show up, when 500 should show up. If you go to www.hansautoparts.com, everything is working great, and hansautoparts.com is an ASP.net webpage with dynamic content that is working great in all regards.
I've trying to figure this out, and I haven't been able to, yet. I've been very satisfied with the zoom indexer.
I had a look at the page in my browser (Chrome)
But I didn't see the word "turbocharger" on the page. In fact the page was pretty much empty. Clicking on the empty grey boxes on the page opened up an empty white box with the 'waiting' hourglass. No pictures nor text about turbochargers.
Even when I looked at the HTML source code, then word turbocharger doesn't appear anywhere in the HTML code.
So I think there is some issue on the page (unrelated to Zoom).
Thankyou for helping me isolate the problem. I was able to reproduce your findings in IE9. If you navigate my website and arrive at the page: http://www.hansparts.com/RebuiltBEWTurbocharger.aspx, it would work fine. But when you went straight to the page http://www.hansparts.com/RebuiltBEWTurbocharger.aspx, it didn't work. When I copied the link directly into my browser, it didn't work either.
The problem was with this line of code that is associated with a back button on the page:
If there is a referring URL, the server side script works fine. If there is no referring URL, like when you copied and pasted the link into your browser, the server side script crashed and nothing was displayed, except the static html.
I have since removed the offending line of code and everything seems to working great.