Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number of categories limit?

Hi

I can't seem to add more than 39 categories, is there a way around this?

Thanks

How many do you need?

------
    David

Comment

There is no limit to the number of categories that you can define. We have tested over a hundred categories, and we have users that have up to 200 categories defined.

Can you please tell us what happens when you are unable to add another category? Is there an error message? Are you unable to add this in the Zoom Indexer application, or is something failing on the search page side of things?

Are you entering these categories in Zoom manually or using the Import feature? If the latter, check that your import file is properly created (or send us a copy via e-mail). Note that the import file needs to be in a CSV (comma separated values) format.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

search categories

I'm adding my categories manually through the categories tab in the configuration panel. I've put in 39 categories, I go to add another, it lets me enter the information but doesn't append the new category...

I currently need 48 categories by the way - and I'm using Zoom Pro version 4.2 build 1002

Thanks!

Comment

sorry guys, I've figured out why I couldn't add a new cat

I was trying to add a category that already exists further up the list. Doh. In my defence, there's no error message saying the cat already exists, as there is when you accidentally duplicate a url in the spider list...

Thanks anyway...

Comment

Glad to hear you've solved the problem. Yes, we should add an error message for duplicate entries in the next build.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X