Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing with in pages

Hello,

I have just purchased Zoom and so far it looks like a really great product for the cost... I was reading some post in this forum and it seems some of these people think they are going to get a Google quality engine for $99 bucks...

The reason I purchased Zoom.. is that my site is over 25,000 pages... and I installed a search engine on the site using PERL/CGI -- well guess what happened when I hit the indexer..... yup--- the server slowly died until it was inaccessable and I had to have my guy do to the data center to reboot it...

The problem I'm having is that most of the pages in my site have no description.... and Zoom is taking descriptions from the page content... but if you look at this page http://www.i4market.com/services/ - you'll the menu system on the left hand side... it seems that this is all Zoom is seeing as content on the page...

How can I tell Zoom start indexing when it find let's say something like
    or <p class="pageheader">

So that my search results don't look like ...

Menu: Home Page About Us Our Clients Client Testimonials Client Results Careers at i4Market Our Partners Contact Us Site Map My Account Marketing: Marketing Services Marketing Research Analysis ...

on every result.

Thanks

Never Mind

Never mind I did find the answer to this on your site in the FAQ's

Thanks

Comment

Glad you found the solution to your problem.
      A couple of clarifications for other people reading this.

I installed a search engine on the site using PERL/CGI
      In fact the Zoom CGI script is not really a script! And it is definitely not Perl. Many people think that CGI is the same as a Perl script, but this not true. CGI is an interface definition between a web server and an external application (Common Gateway Interface) and has no directly link to the Perl language.

The Zoom CGI version is written in C++ and is compiled to a binary executable (to get the most speed). So you will never be able to edit the CGI binary executable. We take the C++ source code and compile it on Windows, Linux and BSD Unix to produce 3 different binary executable files. This means that the search.cgi file is exactly the same as any other Windows or Linux executable. For example you can rename search.cgi to search.exe and run it directly from Windows.

you'll the menu system on the left hand side... it seems that this is all Zoom is seeing as content on the page
      The easy way to avoid indexing this text is to use the and tags. See section, 6.5. "Skipping sections of a page", of the Users Guide for more details.
      http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/zoom.pdf

--------
      David

Comment

Working...
      X