Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one wish only - positioning pages

Hey!
    First I'd like to say that zoom is a very cool stuff, but I didn't decide to buy it yet. I would see one more feature, a possibility to boost some pages without changing their source (eg zoomwords, keywords etc.). For example I could set into indexer that when user seek for word 'zoom' first link should be 'wrensoft.com', but You see, unfortunatelly I can't modify your page
    So maybe in next version You will add such feature.

I hope you understand what I am talking about, sorry if there are errors, english is not my native language

We don't currently have a way to force a page to be #1 for a specific keyword, but we are planning on adding this for the next major release (V5.0).

In the meantime however, you can adjust the weighting of words indexed, depending on which part of the page they were found - without having to modify the web pages in question. This can be done via the "Indexing Options" tab of the Configuration window. If you boost the weighting for "Headings", for example, and your preferred page does make more mention of a certain keyword in <h1> and <h2>, etc tags, then this would help in pushing the page higher up in the search results. Examine the pages you're hoping to push up and see where the keyword appears the most in their content. You can also push down pages similarly by using the negative deboost values.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X