ZOOMWORDS: model numbers / not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMWORDS: model numbers / not working

Hi, I'm trying to make zoom work with Zoom Words meta.

The webpages that I'm trying to index has no model number and I'm trying to place the model number on zoomwords so it will link to that document when doing a search for a model number.

None of the model numbers work even when they are present on the ZOOMWORDS meta.

-wiL

Some sample pages...

Search for "1151"
    http://admin.blendermedia.com/stagin...=0&zoom_sort=0

The page that has the keyword "1151"
    http://admin.blendermedia.com/stagin...strumentation/

I get no results.

-wiL
    WiL D Laxa

Comment

I am fairly sure this is because there is a limit of 1000 characters per page for the Zoom Words meta data. So only roughly the first 100 or so words were indexed.

Your Zoom meta data for this single page is over 8000 bytes long !!

There is also a lot of repetition in your list which probably serves no purpose. For example the word "ORIFICE" appears 19 separate times. As does the word "Parts". This will also unnecessarily increase download times for the page.

----
      David

Comment

Specification / Criteria of ZoomWords

Hi,

Can you specify the criteria on what can be contained within the ZOOMWORDS meta tag?

ex.

- must be less than 1000 characters long
        - approximately 100 keywords
        - one keyword per entry
        - no logic (NOT, OR, EQUALS) in an entry

Does that sound right? I might be better to have the ability to put in two keywords in one entry like "pressure valve", "pressure transmitter", etc...

Cheers,
        wiL
        WiL D Laxa

Comment

The only requirement is that the ZOOMWORDS meta tag content can only be 1000 characters long. Additional characters will be ignored. This also applies to the meta keywords tag. We may need to update our documentation on this.

The keywords are indexed just like page content, so you can have something like "test, car, dog, pressure valve, pressure transmitter" and the "pressure valve" would match an exact phrase search. There is no boolean logic operators that is applicable for the keywords, or a limit on the number of keywords.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X