Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the search template to work

Using latest Professional edition.

The Javascript search.template worked fine for the JS version up until I indexed a FULL version of site content, and then with a 15MB index, it choked.

Obviously, 12,000 files are too much for JS.

After creating new indexes [obviously]... The CGI and PHP alternatives are both working fine - apart from search_template.html which gives a 500 error. I've tried it on different webservers, using .exe and .cgi but the ZOOMSEARCH tag resolutely refuses to work.

Summary: search scripts and indexing are working, but I can't customise my results pages!

Anybody got any idea why?

Obviously, 12,000 files are too much for JS.
    Correct. It depends on your browser, but in Internet Explorer 6 for example, all Javascript scripts are limited to about 10MB of RAM. (even if you have 1GB installed on the machine). You need to use the CGI, ASP or PHP option.

See also,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/benchmarks.html

The search template file is just a plain old HTML file. If you can not open / view the file when it is on your web server, then it is most likely a problem on your web server.

Can you post the URL to the file so that we can see the error.

-----
    David

Comment

Thanks for your help on this, admin.

Oh, and a really useful piece of software you have there. Really excellent.

The problem I had with search-template.html was that I was trying to access it directly in the cgi-bin... [DOH!] ... which, of course, you don't need to. The search_template.html is *** picked up and used *** by the CGI script, automatically.

And any changes to the template are immediately picked up by the CGI script - easy! But it may need to be s-p-e-l-l-e-d out in the support docs for dummies like me.

BTW. I've had good results using Server2Go as a standalone web server for a CD based CGI version.

Good luck and thanks!

Comment

>But it may need to be s-p-e-l-l-e-d out in the support docs..

We do try. It is covered in the Users guide and in the support pages.

Thanks for the tip about Server2Go. We are going to check it out as it could be a good complimentary product for Zoom.

---
        David

Comment

Working...
        X