Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mambo CMS and ZOOM search engine

Hello everyone

I have a website which is based on mambo, which is a contnet management system.
    I have already created a search form, which lies at the header of every page. I have installed the demo version of zoom in a subfolder (www.mywebsite.com/search/).

I have created a wrapper for the search.php file, in order to have zoom engine fully implemented to the template of my site.

My question is how is it possible to redirect the visitor from the search form to the wrapped zoom search.php file.

Right now the wrapped search page has the URL https://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?...pper&Itemid=47

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have read this page http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_howto.html, but I didnt understand what to do with my matter. I am still learning

If you don't link to the search.php file, (and only link to the wrapper) then no one will know that search.php exists. Thus there should be no need to do any redirection?

Or am I missing something?

------
    David

Comment

I have wrapped the search.php to match to the mambo site, but all the sites initially will be done by inserrting the search query to a search box, which is part of the mambo site, and accompanies each page at its header. When the visitor enters a search term there, it will hit the search button and I want to receive all of his results to the wrapped search.php file. I dont know how to inittiate the search process in the wrapped search.php when someone enters terms in the search box. My search box, which with the given format matches equally to the mambo design has the following code

Code:
      <form action="index.php" method="post">
      		<div class="searchbox">
      			 <input type="text" name="searchword" id="searchword" size="15" value="<?php echo _SEARCH_BOX; ?>" onblur="if&#40;this.value==''&#41; this.value='<?php echo _SEARCH_BOX; ?>';" onfocus="if&#40;this.value=='<?php echo _SEARCH_BOX; ?>'&#41; this.value='';" class="searchfield" maxlength="20" /> <input type="submit" value="GO" class="searchbutton" />
      			<input type="hidden" name="option" value="search" />
      		</div>
      		</form>
      I dont want to implement more options to the search field, such as any term, all terms etc options, just the box with the search button. When they insert something and click the search button they must be redirecter to https://www.mywebsite.com/index.php?...pper&Itemid=47 where is search.php is wrapped and where every other option will be available (such as any search words, all search words and Results per page options)

Thanks in advance

Comment

I am not sure if I have fully understood what you want.

But I think you are asking how do you point the Mambo search form to the Zoom search script? Is this a correct summary?

The easy solution would be to delete the Mambo search form and replace it with a Zoom search form. See this FAQ for details,

----
        David

Comment

Ok, I used the code from the link you gabe me and I have removed my code for the search box, Right now I have the search box of zoom which points to search.php. My questions now is how is it possible to implement this search.php seamlessly to mambo design. If I wrap it I have to change from <form method="get" action="search.php"> to <form method="get" action="index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=47"> ? This code doesnt work. Every search I make without any changes points me to search.php which opens to a new page. I cant create a new mysearch.php file because it is very difficult to implement the various mambo codes to a new file.

Could you give an example of how to implement the search.php inside the design of a mambo site?

Comment

action="index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=47">
            This code doesnt work.
            We don't know what is the in the script called index.php. It is not our script. So we can't really comment on what it does or attempt to debug it.

I cant create a new mysearch.php file because it is very difficult to implement the various mambo codes to a new file
            We don't have any experience with Mambo. If it was really that difficult then this would seem to preclude using Mambo with any other script. Making it a not very useful CMS.

As you effectively have got the search function working and your real problem is getting the look and feel the same as the rest of your site, I would suggest placing Zoom outside of your CMS (rather than inside it), the just customise the Zoom template in HTML to match the rest of your site.

i.e. Link to search.php from your form and edit search_template.html to match your site.

----
            David

Comment

Working...
            X