Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting started ... won't search!

Hi,

I'm a total novice at web stuff so I've probably done SOMETHING wrong. The question is what?

I'm testing at the moment. cgi file in cgi bin. Other files in main folder. A search box is on a page. I type in something ... and get this:

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Help!

All search files must be in the same directory.

Can you post the URL to you search function.

If you are a 'total novice', PHP or ASP is often easier to get working. There are less problems with file permissions and PHP is more often supported by 3rd party hosting companies than CGI.

----
    David

Comment

... search now OK!

Wow!

I change it to php ... re-indexed making sure all files in one place ... and it worked - perfectly ... thank you very much.

A suggestion:

I had a bit of trouble at first when viewing the search box in a browser ... well, there WAS no search box. Only until I looked onto your faq did I find the script to put on a page - then I got the box. That script could do with being part of setting up as opposed to being in the faq.

... Better get on ... I've got a pro version to think about! Thanks.

Comment

...well, there WAS no search box
        I think you might still be a bit confused.

There is no need to add your own search box for the default search page.

The Zoom default settings cause the search.php script to create a form for you when you run the script.

For example,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/search.php

-----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X