.net issue...getting double FORM tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .net issue...getting double FORM tags

First of all, I downloaded this yesterday and got the CGI version working in a matter of maybe 15 mintues. Love this product. ;o)

Now I'm playing with the .net integration. Ive gone through the instructions, made an ASPX page, included the sample code, and now have the search form showing up in my ASPX page. However, it doesn't do anything. ie, no search results, no error. It just doesnt' seem to execute.

My guess is that it's perhaps because I now have to form tags. My aspx page, of course, is a form, but the CGI script then creates a second form within it. My understanding is that ASPX pages should have one and only one form on the page. Is that the culprit?

As a followup, I also noticed that the instructions for including a search form on other pages doesn't address .net pages:

http://wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq...tml#searchform

The issue is that I can't have that extra form on the page, so I instead need to apply a event handler to the searc button click that will then perform the necessary steps to get the search results.

Comment

I assume the .NET instructions that you followed where the ones on this page?
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/aspdotnet.html

If you "have a search form showing up" then the CGI must be executing as it is the CGI that creates the form.

Can you post the URL to your page so that we can see it.

It does sound strange that you have a HTML form within a HTML form. I don't think your ASPX page should be putting a form around the Zoom form.

You say, "My aspx page, of course, is a form.." but there is no reason that a ASPX page has to be a form. By "form" I am refering to the HTML definition of a form.

-----
      David

Comment

An ASPX page has to be a form if there is any user action that can take place on it (ie, postbacks) so, by default, all of our pages are wrapped in this parent FORM tag.

However, I overlooked the obvious, I think. The GET does nothign more then send data to the script via a querystring, so I think I can just grab the text box data and use a response.redirect building my own querystring and send that to the search page.

I'll play with that monday.

Comment

Working...
        X