Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indexing list of external links

Hi,

I'm using the Pro version on a secured intranet with ASP so I use offline indexing. However one of the pages in our intranet is a list of links to vendor websites that we deal with on various projects. I've tried adding keywords and the meta zoomwords to this page of links to get the index to display this page, but nothing is working.

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to get the 'vendors links' page to appear in the Zoom results or are you trying to index the remote vendors web sites?

Assuming the former. Are you sure the pages was indexed by Zoom. Did it appear in the Zoom log window? Is the vendors links page a plain HTML page or is it generated by a ASP script?

Can you post or E-mail us the source code for the page in question.

----
    David

Comment

Hi,

I just want the page of links to show in the results. For example one of the companies is called Aqua Dyne. When I put in the keyword aqua, I get the link to the owner manual we have in the intranet, but they are also on the Vendor Links page with a link to their website and this page doesn't show up. I just read through the log and realized that my max limit of 50000 is being reached before it gets to this file (along with others) so I'm going to need to redo my configuration.

Comment

For large sites, like yours with 50,000+ pages. Make sure you check the log window in Zoom, and the zoom_pages.zdat file with a good text editor to make sure you are only indexing what you need.

If you find you are indexing too much, start adding documents & folders to the skip list in Zoom.

--------
        David

Comment

fixed it

Hi,

I checked what was being indexed and there was lots of old files and folders that were no longer relevant. I removed those and am now coming in well under the 50,000 limit and the Vendor links page is displaying as I'd hoped using the zoomwords meta tag.

Thanks for the help and an excellent program!!

Comment

Working...
          X