Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit number of results?

Two questions regarding the CGI version of Zoom search:

1) Is there a way I can limit the number of results returned without depending on the user to select a number of search results per page?

2) I see that the drop down box for results returned per page defaults to 10. Can I change to default to less than 10? I see how to do in in the scripts of other versions, but I can't figure out how to do it with the CGI version.

Thanks,
    Rob

1.) Yes. You can pre-select the "results per page" setting by either linking to the search page with an extra parameter (eg. instead of simply linking to "search.php", link to "search.php?zoom_per_page=20") or you can define your own search form (see below) with the per page option specified in a hidden input tag.

2.) Yes. You will mostly likely want to disable the auto generated search form, and define your own search form as described in this FAQ:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

You can then specify the available "results per page" options as you would like. If you wish to force it to a specific number, and not allow the user to change it, you can use a hidden input tag like so:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="zoom_per_page" value="5">
    By having this in your search form HTML (and omitting the dropdown box in the example from the FAQ), you will force the search to 5 results per page.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray!

Comment

Working...
      X