embedding search form on .php page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embedding search form on .php page

I am working on embedding the search form on our customer support page. So far, it is working for the initial search results, but I am having trouble understanding how I would get another search form at the top of the output/results page (in case the user would like to search again).

Is it possible to have the search results appear within the same page where the search began, rather than opening a new page? I did configure it to open within the same window, but it still opened a new window with the results.

I feel like I've climbed a mountain with getting this far--and I am enjoying the challenge. I'm just at my end for figuring out the rest of the puzzle.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Pepy3
    Thanks,
    Pep

"And they said VoIP was a myth!"

By default, there is a search form automatically generated at the top of your search results page. You may have turned this off in the Configuration window. To turn it back on, select the "Search Page" tab and click on the "Search form:" drop-down box and change "Do not generate" to "Advanced" or "Basic".

Also by default, the search results would appear on the same page and same window as the search form. My guess is that you may have created your own search forms on other pages. If it is opening in a new window, you most likely have a "target=" attribute set in your custom search form.

If you can give us a URL to your search page online, we may be able to see what you mean (or what you are trying to achieve) more clearly. At the moment, it sounds like what you are asking for are actually the default options that should have been how Zoom works to begin with (with no additional setting up). But it sounds like you may have since made a bunch of changes which you are now trying to undo and return to the default settings?

This FAQ might also be of use:
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks! I will try that. I am out of town today and tomorrow, so I will try looking again at those things after the weekend. I'll let you know the page on Monday...it's under a password at the moment.
      Again,
      thanks.
      Thanks,
      Pep

"And they said VoIP was a myth!"

Comment

Working...
      X