Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a search form on home page

Hi

I have set up a search engine to work on the following site www.eversfield.co.uk utlising asp

The problem is the info from the search box does not automatically go to the zoom search page. The code on the home page is as follows:

<form class="search" action="/search/search.asp" method="get" name="searchform" target="_self" id="searchform">
    <span style="margin-bottom: 0"><span class="style33">
    Search</span> <span class="style33" style="margin-bottom: 0"> the site below</span><span class="style34" style="margin-bottom: 0"></span>

<span class="style33">

Any help would be welcome

Graham
    <input type="hidden" name="include" value=""> </span>
    <input id="search1" class="height" type="text" name="q" value="Enter Keyword..." size="16" />
    <input type="submit" name="Go" value="Go" />
    </span>
    </form>

The form needs to look something like this,

<form method="get" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    </form>

More details are here,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

At the moment you have name="q" but you need to have name="zoom_query"

------
    David

Comment

My problem is when I use your code on my homepage to put a search form there, it works fine, but the results page that comes up is not the same look as my site needs.

Eg. I made an index.php file that has my header and footer in it and also includes the search.php file.

An example of the results of this file can be found at http://www.animalmakers.com/Search/index.php

This forces the search results to be inside of the html table and fit into my site design. However, when I use the code you suggested (for a php search engine) in your online faq, it brings up the results but total ignores my index.php file. Now, I understand that I am not linking the "action" part of the form to index.php, but how can I make the results use the template I built?

Comment

Nevermind, when I tell the form to point the action to the "index.php" file I made, it works. I don't understand how or why, but if it works, don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X