Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Search Results in A New Window

Hi, On one of your Zoom search example websites at this address:
    http://www.casey.vic.gov.au on the search results page there is an (open in new window) option hyperlink to the right of the 'open in same window' link. The user has the choice to open a new window, whilst retaining the original search results window.

Can you enlighten me as to how I can customise my search results page to exactly match theirs in respect of the 'open in new window' option?
    I'm running the PHP version.

Thank you in advance.

I think the City of Casey made a custom change to the ASP script to add the additional link in the search results. If you know ASP it should be a simple 1 or 2 line change.

-----
    David

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

As I said in my post I'm running the PHP Version.

Is it a simple 1 or 2 line customise for that version or can it only be applied to the ASP Version?

If it can be done in PHP can anyone give me some pointers as to which file to add the code to? I'm presuming that part of the code would include the target="_blank" attribute in it.

Thanks again in advance.

Comment

If you just want the results to open in a new window, this is easy.

In the Zoom configuration window, on the "Search page" tab, check the box "New Window".

If you want two links, one to open the document in the same window and a second additional link to open in a new window, then this requires some custom code.

If you want to make this custom change, you'll need to add code around lines 1465 to 1470 of the PHP script (V4.2 build 1012). Around this line,
        print "<a href=\"".$urlLink."\"" . $target . ">";

But we also don't support custom scripts. (People tend to introduce new bugs as they change the scripts).

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X