Having trouble with Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble with Categories

I searched the forums but can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. I have set up categories based on folder names, in alphabetical order. I'm starting my indexing offline inside my /archives/ directory. From there, there are directories /contracts, /forumminutes, /generalminutes, /grievances, and /newsletters.

Under Categories in the configuration I start with Contracts with pattern: /contracts/ I do the same for all the folders, then have a default category as Misc. Archives

Currently I only have one file to search (I'm debugging). It's a .doc inside the /contracts folder. However, when I run a search with a keyword that finds it, it always places it in the Misc. Archives category. The hyperlink for the file clearly shows it reading the filepath as being in /contracts.

What am I doing wrong in identifying my categories? I've tried other patterns: /contracts, contracts, "contracts", "/contracts/" etc. I also tried my offline index start location from a step down from /archives, but got the same results.

You can take a look yourself at:
    http://www.local243.org/past/search/search.php
    Just search for "project"

Thank you!

It sounds like you've done everything correctly, but it could be a subtle thing such as having an extra space character at the end of your pattern, eg. "/contracts/ "

You can email us your ZCFG file and we can take a closer look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you so much for replying. I responded and sent an email with my ZCFG file. Hopefully you will see what I'm missing! Honestly, I did change a lot of settings, so maybe it's something unrelated.

By the way, I am also curious if the search could include unincorporated file types, if there is a .desc file associated with them. For example, while debugging I'm using a .sql file that I just happened to upload. I made a .desc file to go with it, so ZOOM could read it, but obviously ZOOM doesn't support .sql files. Can I set it up to read any .desc files it comes across? I haven't attempted to include .sql in the list of possible file types; perhaps that's the way to do it, but I'm just curious at this time.

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

Got the file. You are using offline mode and the categories pattern is matched against the file path not the URL in offline mode.

So try using \contracts\ instead of /contracts/

---
        Regards
        David

Comment

Working...
        X