Missing zdat files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing zdat files?

I'm using the free version as a trial. I've indexed my local website using the PHP script method. I FTP the files (*.zdat, *.php) to my website and then try to execute search.php but I get an error stating that files are missing. When I examine the search.php file I see that it's looking for zoom_spelling.zdat, zoom_cats.zdat and zoom_catpages.zdat, but these files were never generated by the program.

Why weren't these files generated? AM I doing something wrong here?
    Tim Schenz
    Columbus, OH

It should only need the "zoom_spelling.zdat" file if you have spelling suggestion enabled. And it should only need "zoom_cats.zdat" and "zoom_catpages.zdat" if you have categories enabled.

In either of these cases, there is also a specific error message that says this.

These files are not needed if you have the abovementioned options disabled.

What is the exact error message you are seeing? It is more likely that Zoom is not finding the other ZDAT files. Perhaps you uploaded them to different folders. Did you use Zoom's built-in FTP upload feature?

Also - make sure you are using the latest version (click on Help->About in the Indexer) which is 4.2.1013.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Raymond,

I was using my own FTP client to upload the files, but when I switched to Zoom's FTP everything worked fine.

Here's a suggestion for future releases: I'm unable to do online indexing because my web site is in a password protected folder. Zoom doesn't know how to handle that when it tries to index - it says the site is unavailable. So I index offline and then FTP. It would be nice to be able to index a password protected website online.

Tim
      Tim Schenz
      Columbus, OH

Comment

Authentication support is already available for most types of authentication.

See our FAQ
        Q. How do I index protected parts of my website requiring user authentication?
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/auth.html

-----
        David

Comment

David,

I'm using the Pro version now and everything's working fine, except the authentication. Our password protected area uses a passphrase of 24 characters and the limit in Zoom is 20 characters. So, I still index locally and FTP to the site.

Any chance that the size of the password field could be increased in the next version?

Tim
          Tim Schenz
          Columbus, OH

Comment

That's a long password.

Nonetheless, in Version 5.0, we've updated the authentication password length to have a maximum of 40 characters.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X