Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Zoomsearch and more then 50 files

Default Free Zoomsearch and more then 50 files

Hi excuse me please,
    works Zoomsearch free also when there are more Files than 50 on the website?
    It dont work with my homepage. What is wrong?
    Greetings
    Uwe

If your web site has more than 50 pages and you are using the free version of the software, then only the first 50 pages will be indexed.

So the search function will still work, but only 50 pages will be search-able.

If you are having a problem with the software please give as much detail as possible about the problem. What you did, what you are trying to do, what errors you had, software versions, etc..

-----
    David

Default Help to Zoom Search

Hallo David,
    thanks for your answer.
    Because my englisch is not so good, i tried to get help at the NOF-Forum in german. But there are nothing to help.

I think, that ZoomSearch is ok, after indexing i got the following files:

search.php from the 4.4.06
    search_template.html from the 25.6.06
    settings.php
    zoom_datetime.zdat
    zoom_descriptions.zdat
    zoom_dictionary.zdat
    zoom_pages.zdat
    zoom_pagetext.zdat
    zoom_titles.zdat
    zoom_wordmap.zdat
    all from the 26.6.06

the files are in an extra Formatters. I copied them to www.afizucht.de in the Basic. I also have copied them to www.afizucht.de/html

When i search in my homepage, the files serch.php "dont work".
    My be, there is an mistake in NOF_8. I had make it with the instruction from http://www.lansrad.com/html/tutzoom0.html

Uwe

When I test the search function on your home page, http://www.afizucht.de/ I get a dialog window asking me if I want to download the search.php file.

This means that the PHP scripting language is not installed on your server and PHP can not be used on your server. The PHP file should be executed on the server and the results displayed in the browser. There should not be an option to download / save the file.

You need to check with your hosting company what scripting languages are available on your server.

----
    David

Hallo David,
    it ist correct, T-online "Homepage Starter" does not do that. Only a very more expensive Produkt doe this.
    I must think about if i should sell it.

Many thanks for your answers.
    Uwe

You might want to take a look at this page for a simple explanation of the different scripting platforms:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/platforms.html

If there is no server-side scripting support available on your web host, you can still use the Javascript version, although you should note that this is very technically limited compared to the server-side versions.

There are many web hosts which offer at least PHP or ASP scripting support, at very little cost. Many offer it as part of their minimum package, some even offer it in free accounts.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Hallo David,
    Hallo Raymond,
    thank you for your answers,
    i can get PHP3, PHP4 and PHP5 at 1&1 for 6,99 .
    I think that ist ok.
    Than i can try and if it is ok also bay your programm.

Greetings
    Uwe Splett

Just so you know. It seems 1&1 (1and1.com) hosting have very severe restrictions on the use of PHP.

They limit how much RAM and how much CPU time you can use to a very low level. The levels are so low (6sec, 12MB) that it makes their service almost useless.

They only have a limit becuase they want to put several hundred web sites on the same PC. i.e. Spend as little as possible on hardware and maximise their profit (at your expense). You might find this acceptable, I wouldn't.

On the other hand if you only have a few hundred pages to search it shoud be fine.

-----
    David

Hallo David,
    today I saw by an friend, that the statistic-sites of his 1&1 homepage are very slow. Is 1&1 always slow?
    What is an better provider?

Uwe

I can't really say if they are always slow. But being slow is a symptom of having too many web sites on a single host. But it might just be your friends homepage that is slow.

1&1 are really in the budget end of the market. If you are on a tight budget and don't expect much then they might be OK.

We use Pair.com, and have been very happy with them. But they aren't the cheapest. But for us their reliability and flexibility is much more important that saving a few dollars on hosting.

-----
    David