Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Zoomsearch and more then 50 files

Hi excuse me please,
    works Zoomsearch free also when there are more Files than 50 on the website?
    It dont work with my homepage. What is wrong?
    Greetings
    Uwe

If your web site has more than 50 pages and you are using the free version of the software, then only the first 50 pages will be indexed.

So the search function will still work, but only 50 pages will be search-able.

If you are having a problem with the software please give as much detail as possible about the problem. What you did, what you are trying to do, what errors you had, software versions, etc..

-----
    David

Comment

Help to Zoom Search

Hallo David,
      thanks for your answer.
      Because my englisch is not so good, i tried to get help at the NOF-Forum in german. But there are nothing to help.

I think, that ZoomSearch is ok, after indexing i got the following files:

search.php from the 4.4.06
      search_template.html from the 25.6.06
      settings.php
      zoom_datetime.zdat
      zoom_descriptions.zdat
      zoom_dictionary.zdat
      zoom_pages.zdat
      zoom_pagetext.zdat
      zoom_titles.zdat
      zoom_wordmap.zdat
      all from the 26.6.06

the files are in an extra Formatters. I copied them to www.afizucht.de in the Basic. I also have copied them to www.afizucht.de/html

When i search in my homepage, the files serch.php "dont work".
      My be, there is an mistake in NOF_8. I had make it with the instruction from http://www.lansrad.com/html/tutzoom0.html

Uwe

Comment

When I test the search function on your home page, http://www.afizucht.de/ I get a dialog window asking me if I want to download the search.php file.

This means that the PHP scripting language is not installed on your server and PHP can not be used on your server. The PHP file should be executed on the server and the results displayed in the browser. There should not be an option to download / save the file.

You need to check with your hosting company what scripting languages are available on your server.

----
        David

Comment

Hallo David,
          it ist correct, T-online "Homepage Starter" does not do that. Only a very more expensive Produkt doe this.
          I must think about if i should sell it.

Many thanks for your answers.
          Uwe

Comment

You might want to take a look at this page for a simple explanation of the different scripting platforms:
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/platforms.html

If there is no server-side scripting support available on your web host, you can still use the Javascript version, although you should note that this is very technically limited compared to the server-side versions.

There are many web hosts which offer at least PHP or ASP scripting support, at very little cost. Many offer it as part of their minimum package, some even offer it in free accounts.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hallo David,
              Hallo Raymond,
              thank you for your answers,
              i can get PHP3, PHP4 and PHP5 at 1&1 for 6,99 €.
              I think that ist ok.
              Than i can try and if it is ok also bay your programm.

Greetings
              Uwe Splett

Comment

Just so you know. It seems 1&1 (1and1.com) hosting have very severe restrictions on the use of PHP.

They limit how much RAM and how much CPU time you can use to a very low level. The levels are so low (6sec, 12MB) that it makes their service almost useless.

They only have a limit becuase they want to put several hundred web sites on the same PC. i.e. Spend as little as possible on hardware and maximise their profit (at your expense). You might find this acceptable, I wouldn't.

On the other hand if you only have a few hundred pages to search it shoud be fine.

-----
                David

Comment

Hallo David,
                  today I saw by an friend, that the statistic-sites of his 1&1 homepage are very slow. Is 1&1 always slow?
                  What is an better provider?

Uwe

Comment

I can't really say if they are always slow. But being slow is a symptom of having too many web sites on a single host. But it might just be your friends homepage that is slow.

1&1 are really in the budget end of the market. If you are on a tight budget and don't expect much then they might be OK.

We use Pair.com, and have been very happy with them. But they aren't the cheapest. But for us their reliability and flexibility is much more important that saving a few dollars on hosting.

-----
                    David

Comment

Hallo Wrensoft, hallo David
                      thank you for your tips.
                      In the meantime i have changed to HostEurope.
                      My Homepage with searchfunktion ist in the moment at:
                      http://wp1051603.wp032.webpack.hosteurope.de/index.html.
                      Still the domainaccociation will change the adress, the old one is still at the Telekom: www.afizucht.de

Now i have some questions:
                      What have i to do, that the searchresults comes in a same Windows as my other sites? I tried it with http://www.lansrad.com/html/tutzoom2.html, i have NOF 8.
                      Where must i change the text, that comes german text at the search site?
                      That the search button is only at the first site, i must trie to make a masterborder at the first site, only with the search button, is it ok?
                      Why comes "Aquaristik von A bis Z", the name of my site is "Afizucht" or "Praktische Aquaristik und Zierfischzucht". "Aquaristik von A bis Z" is very old. Where can i change it.
                      So, that is all, please excuse my "Special-Englisch". Please answer with easy words. ''

If all of that things works, i will buy the programm, because i find it is better, that the site is indexed bevore. Better i take the professional Version, because Zoomseach count also the picture-gallerie as site?

Greetings
                      Uwe Splett

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe
                        You can select the German language for the search page from Zoom, by clicking on "Configure"->"Languages"->"Search page language"->"German.zlang"

Originally posted by Uwe
                        That the search button is only at the first site, i must trie to make a masterborder at the first site, only with the search button, is it ok?
                        Why comes "Aquaristik von A bis Z", the name of my site is "Afizucht" or "Praktische Aquaristik und Zierfischzucht". "Aquaristik von A bis Z" is very old. Where can i change it.
                        I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your question. However, it sounds like it is more related to the authoring of web pages using NetObjects Fusion rather than Zoom, and I would suggest looking up NOF documentation or contacting their support for help. The naming of your site or why NOF is using your old name does not seem to be related to Zoom.

Originally posted by Uwe
                        Better i take the professional Version, because Zoomseach count also the picture-gallerie as site?
                        Zoom could index your picture gallery web pages. However, the current version will not index the images themselves, only the text content surrounding the image.
                        --Ray
                        Wrensoft Web Software
                        Sydney, Australia
                        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hallo Wrensoft,
                          Ok, now i have bought the Professional Version

Search this site, on the top is:

"Enter one or more keywords to search for using the Zoom Search Engine.
                          Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported."

Where can i change this text?
                          What have i to do, that the foundet text ist yellow?

Thanks
                          Uwe Splett

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe
                            Hallo Wrensoft,
                            Ok, now i have bought the Professional Version

Search this site, on the top is:

"Enter one or more keywords to search for using the Zoom Search Engine.
                            Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported."

Where can i change this text?
                            What have i to do, that the foundet text ist yellow?
                            Sorry, i have found it at "Configure"
                            It works very good!!!

Thanks
                            Uwe Splett

Comment

Yes, both the language selection and the highlighting settings can be found in the configuration window of Zoom.

-----
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X