Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom SDK with Search.cgi source code and documents

Zoom SDK announcement

A preliminary version of the Zoom SDK (software development kit) is now available for purchase.

What's in it
    • Zoom configuration file format specification document
    • Zoom XML output specification document
    • Search CGI C++ source code for
      • Windows 32bit
      • Linux 32bit
      • BSD Unix 32bit
      • Sparc / Solaris 64bit
    What's not in it
    This package does not include the Zoom Search Engine itself. This package only contains additional source code and technical documents for the Zoom engine. Only the source for search.cgi is included. The source code for the Zoom indexer is not being made available. The source code for search.php and search.asp are already available as part of the normal Zoom package.

Who needs it
    Typical users would be advanced software developers who want to create highly customised search engines for large web sites. Or developers that need to support unusual software or hardware platforms (e.g. Mainframe computers, Alpha chips, Itanium servers, etc). We would expect 99% of our users not to need or want this package.

License term summary
    After purchase, you can modify and recompile the search.cgi application for your own use. You can NOT on sell the source code or documentation. You can NOT distribute the source code or documentation. You can NOT use the source code to create a competing product or as part of a competing product.

Updates included
    Free updates to documents and code are include for 12 months after a purchase

Price
    $100 USD

How to purchase
    You can purchase using this secure order link
    https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.js...ractId=1678614

Delivery
    After purchase a ZIP file with the source code will be made available for download.

What you will need to re-compile the code
    The CGI is a combination of C and C++ source code which is written using only standard libraries to ensure cross-platform compatibility. When building on a Windows machine, the source code and project files included are tested in Visual Studio 2005. Make files are supplied for Linux, BSD and Sun Sparc.

Future content
    As time goes on we will probably add additional source code and documents to this package. Exact details are not available at the moment.

Thank you very much for this package,
    I have already natively compiled this for Linux on Itanium 2 servers and x86_64 base machines; and for OS X on a PowerMac G4 (with some bugs still).

My question is if you will be providing any type of support for this (like the Big Endian problems I am having on the PowerMac). Even just a single forum thread would be great.

Thanks,
    D

P.S. I like the simple Makefiles

Comment

We got it compiling and running on a Sun 64bit Sparc / Solaris machine which is Big Endian. It is also probably time we did a refresh on the CGI source code package. As there have been a few CGI bugs fixed in builds 5.0.1004 and 5.0.1003. So it is possible that the bugs are are seeing are those we already fixed in the last month or so?

Comment

Yes, that could be it. I used the BSD makefile and removed the "-static" and added "-lstdc++ -dynamic" to the "zoom:" section. It compiled with no problems and it launches fine in a web browser. But when I search for something, it gives me "Error in wordmap: page number is invalid".

I figured this could be due to the Endianness, so I removed the comment for "SUN_SPARC_BUILT" because I realized that this switches the word order. I then received compiling problems:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
        myqsort(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long, int (*)(void const*, void const*))
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        make: *** [zoom] Error 1

I started playing around with some of the code, but I haven't gotten far. Perhaps a refresh or the SDK will fix it. If not, then this is posted .

I hope it is ok to post this in this thread.

Thanks,
        D

Comment

I have E-mailed you a new Feb 2007 version of the SDK, which contains the source code for V5.0 build 1004 of the CGI.

I hope your E-mail server is OK with a 1MB Zip file attachment.

Comment

Yes, our mail server can handle almost anything you can throw at it. Thank you.

D

Comment

We now have a released the first version of the SDK. Dated Feb 2007

All the details can now be found on the SDK product page.

Comment

Hi,
                I am wondering what your release cycle will be for the SDK, and what the provision will be for updates (i.e. by email like thus far, or other means)

Thanks,
                D

Comment

We don't have a huge number of people using it as yet. So it be being updated from time to time at the moment. Eventually we'll try to keep it more or less in synch with the binary releases. But in the meantime, you can E-mail us to prompt us.

Comment

Thank you very much

D

Comment

Working...
                    X