ISAPI/Credential problems on IIS6\Win2K3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISAPI/Credential problems on IIS6\Win2K3

Hi. I'm sure this question has been asked before but I wasn't able to find it. I'm running IIS6/Win2K3 and the trial/free version of Zoom. After generating an index and uploading the files to our development server I get the following error message:

"The URL you attempted to reach has an ISAPI or CGI application installed that verifies user credentials before proceeding. This application cannot verify your credentials."

The directory permissions are set for anon access with no authentication. The directory settings have 'script source access' and 'read' checked. The application settings>execute permissions are set for 'scripts only'.

Most of the standard web extensions are enabled but WebDAV and IDC are disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    -ryan

This is most likely an issue with your IIS setup. Contact your web host or server admin and ask them to check the following:

- Make sure the ASP component is enabled (if you are attempting to use the ASP version of Zoom)

- Check that the Anonymous web user (or the user your web site is running under) has read and execute permissions on the files.

- If you are attempting to use the CGI version, make sure you allow "Scripts and Executables" to execute. You should also consult this FAQ: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html#iis
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks -- any other ideas?

Originally posted by Ray
      This is most likely an issue with your IIS setup. Contact your web host or server admin and ask them to check the following:

###That would be me.

- Make sure the ASP component is enabled (if you are attempting to use the ASP version of Zoom)

###Yes it is. And we have many ASP pages on this site already, several of which call commands from COM+ DLL's on the server.

- Check that the Anonymous web user (or the user your web site is running under) has read and execute permissions on the files.

###Sure does.

- If you are attempting to use the CGI version, make sure you allow "Scripts and Executables" to execute. You should also consult this FAQ: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html#iis

Comment

Re: Thanks -- any other ideas?

Originally posted by ryaenallen
        ###Yes it is. And we have many ASP pages on this site already, several of which call commands from COM+ DLL's on the server.
        Can you confirm that Classic ASP is enabled? Note that this is different from ASP.NET. I just thought it's worth checking since COM+ is often called from ASP.NET projects. The Zoom ASP option is Classic ASP.

This is typically listed as "Active Server Pages" as opposed to "ASP.NET" in the Web Server Extensions list of the IIS Manager window.

Failing that, you might want to try the CGI version. You might be able to get that up and running with less problems on your particular setup. See the URL above for information on setting up the CGI version on IIS6.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Can you confirm that Classic ASP is enabled? Note that this is different from ASP.NET. I just thought it's worth checking since COM+ is often called from ASP.NET projects. The Zoom ASP option is Classic ASP.

This is typically listed as "Active Server Pages" as opposed to "ASP.NET" in the Web Server Extensions list of the IIS Manager window.
          Yes it is. We're not using ASPX yet.

Failing that, you might want to try the CGI version. You might be able to get that up and running with less problems on your particular setup. See the URL above for information on setting up the CGI version on IIS6.
          The error message changed slightly to a problem with ACL (basically this is still a permissions issue). I looked at the previous URL and added a Web Service Extension as was suggested and changed permissions on the vdir to 'Scripts and Executables'. Same result. I did have one question on the Web Service Extension which is whether I need to add all of the files as an Extension or just the main Search.cgi file (?). What system files or API's (if any) might these files be trying to gain access to?

Comment

Originally posted by ryaenallen
            The error message changed slightly to a problem with ACL (basically this is still a permissions issue). I looked at the previous URL and added a Web Service Extension as was suggested and changed permissions on the vdir to 'Scripts and Executables'. Same result. I did have one question on the Web Service Extension which is whether I need to add all of the files as an Extension or just the main Search.cgi file (?). What system files or API's (if any) might these files be trying to gain access to?
            search.cgi does not require any system files or external APIs. However, it does require read access to the .ZDAT files in the same folder.

Have you gone through all the issues listed in the above URL for setting up IIS in CGI? I can't think of much else that could be preventing the CGI from running. Do you have any security software running on your server, such as Norton Antivirus? Check all security policies that may be enabled, perhaps you should revert back to the default settings and then start enabling things one by one to see what restricts Zoom from running.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X