Anyone find a Drupal (v5) plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find a Drupal (v5) plugin?

I have done a web search to find a Drupal integration plugin. Found several mentions, but no files. Anyone using this plugin? Know where one is located?

Thanks for any leads.

We haven't looked at Drupal as yet.

We have looked at Mambo, Joomla!, DotNetNuke & Dreamweaver however.

And also at the phpBB, Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) and vBulletin forums.

In all cases we were able to get something working with Zoom. So we would expect to be able to get Drupal and Zoom to play together.

Comment

Great. How to get started?

Later: Since Drupal can use HTML for its pages, I tried the form listed in the FAQ. The search input worked well, but the script didn't know where to put the output. So I saw no results. I'll keep looking.

Any suggestions?
      Last edited by seedseller; Jun-03-2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: Updates

Comment

I would recommend reading this FAQ to begin with:
        Q. How should I index my site if it features a message board, forum, or calendar and other similarly complex scripts?

If you can provide us with more specific examples of where you're having trouble, and what you have done or are trying to do, we may be able to be of more help, especially if your site is online and something we can look at. Time doesn't really permit us to drop what we're doing every week to install and look at a new CMS and write tutorials, as much as we would like to - afterall, there are hundreds of different CMS' out there.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I do understand about time. There are more tasks for most of us to do than can be done in the time alloted to do them.

I'm not actually trying to index the Drupal site. I am adding a searchable index to a book available only to members of my web site. The index itself is working perfectly. I really want to have the search box and results appear within the page design in Drupal.

The page design is via a CSS file.

Using the information found at: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#simpleform

allows me to setup a search form, but not to display results in the same design context as the rest of my website.

Looking at the forms design, I will probably need to figure out the "target" for the results of the search.

My site is online, but not quite ready for final rollout. I hope to roll it out by mid-June. Implementing the search is the last step.

I have setup a temporary guest account. Go to http://www.ochem4free.com/nd. Login as Guest with password Guest. The search function is the last entry under the menu dropdown "The Textbook"

Thanks for the GREAT software. Zoom is definitely worth what I paid for it.

Comment

Cool, we now have a much better idea of what you're trying to do.

I can see that your current search page is actually located at:
            http://www.ochem4free.info/Zoom/search.php

However, your current search form points to:
            http://www.ochem4free.info/nd/node/Zoom/search.php

Which doesn't actually exists. And I can see here that Drupal is doing the slightly annoying rewriting of URLs so that it just loads up the main page instead (instead of reporting a page not found error). So clicking through your search form takes me back to the home page at the moment.

This problem is because your search form HTML has a target of "Zoom/search.php" as opposed to "/Zoom/search.php".

But I suspect this isn't your actual problem, but rather just a temporary setup while you're trying to figure this out.

I can think of several possible ways of designing a search page within Drupal to be used with Zoom. Note that I am just making educated guesses here so will depend on what you tell me is possible or not in Drupal:
            1. If you can make a new page in Drupal with a specific filename or URL i.e. ask Drupal to create a new page call "search_template.html" in the Zoom folder. Then, this would be the easiest solution, and all you need to do is make sure you have a way of inserting the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> HTML comment somewhere on your search template page that tells Zoom where the layout should be. Note that the filename and location of this file is important. If Drupal does not allow you to create pages with specific filenames (eg. it forces you to have a new page call "/node/32") then this method is not possible.
            2. Can you use an IFRAME on a Drupal page? If so, you can just create a new "Search page" in Drupal, insert an iframe on the page, and point the iframe to the installed search page ("/Zoom/search.php"). This is similar to our docuemented method for DotNetNuke, so take a look at the tutorial here (scroll down to the "Integrating your Zoom search page with DNN" subheading): http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/tutorial_dnn.html
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Now I feel dumb! I'd been biten by the "missing leading slash" before. Didn't think of it this time. <embarrassed grin>

Drupal requires sequential numbering of the pages as nodes. So your first suggestion would not work.

The iframe method works well for me. I used the following HTML code:

<iframe width="100%" height="800" frameborder="0" src="/Zoom/search.php">
              <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
              <input type="submit" value="Search" />
              <small> Results per page:
              <select name='zoom_per_page'>
              <option selected="selected">10</option>
              <option >20</option>
              <option >100</option>
              </select><br /><br />Match:
              <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" />any search words
              <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" />all search words </small>
              </iframe>

Now the search works as intended. Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Working...
              X