custom results page search form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom results page search form

I have a quick search form on each page, and I have the advanced search form on the results page for users to conduct a more detailed search.

I want to be able to customize the results page search form (and I have had some sucess), but I am not able to get the original keyword(s) to automatically show up in my input field (as it does when I select the advanced search form from configure).

What do I need to do to pass the keyword(s) to my custom search form?

Thanks, Bob

The search script cannot automatically fill in the search box if you have created a custom search form (as described here), and you have disabled the default one generated by Zoom. You would need to write some code of your own (Javascript most likely), to retrieve the parameters from the URL and populate your search box if you wish to achieve this.

With this in mind, you may want to look again at what customizations you require, and whether you can achieve this without using a custom form. You can do alot via CSS and the text editing via ZLANG files.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Raymond, using Dreamweaver CS3, I set up "zoom_query" as a URL variable and passed that to the custom search form and it worked great!

Comment

Working...
      X