Strange behaviour using exact phrase searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange behaviour using exact phrase searching

hello, i noticed something wrong when using "" in some searches not in every one zoom searches apears like "2 and bet" results then stop, any suggestion how could i repair this please? or why it could happens. thank you very much for your help in advance
    ewa

ps
    example links send it all ready to Ray

I've taken a look at your example, and I can see that your search results are truncated and stopping in the middle of your third result.

This indicates that the CGI has stopped running prematurely. There are several possible reasons for this. One is that the CGI may have been killed off by a limit set up on your web server (usually by your web host), which enforces CPU usage. More information on this here.

Another is that it could be a bug which is causing the CGI to crash. However, I just downloaded your index files and tested the CGI locally and was unable to make it crash or behave the same way on our test server. The search results displayed entirely and the CGI completed execution successfully performing the exact same query.

Make sure you are using the latest CGI file. Your index indicates that you are using the latest Indexer build, but if you are uploading the files yourself, it is possible that you are using an older "search.cgi" file than the one provided in the latest build. An older CGI build may contain a bug that has since been fixed, so check this first.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thank you Ray, for your quick answer. i just indexed my sites today then i noticed it happens and always with some specific search and only if two o more words are btw "", thank you for you help i will try to reindex again, then if the problem persist i will check web host if they limited memory
      ewa

Comment

hello,
        i reindexed al my sites again but the problem persist, also be4 reindexing suggested by Ray:
        Make sure you are using the latest CGI file. Your index indicates that you are using the latest Indexer build, but if you are uploading the files yourself, it is possible that you are using an older "search.cgi" file than the one provided in the latest build.
        (no im not uploading files my self, i have checked - "automatically upload...")

i did checked all my local files and noticed that search.cgi has diferent date so i renamed this file to search.cgi.bak, then again after reindexing my new search.cgi is dated as my-renamed.bak file...
        example:
        all files are dated 2008-02-22 06:30 and search.cgi is dated 2007-12-07 14:32
        what im doing wrong, please?
        how it is posible search.cgi modification date is not the same as other files, where this search.cgi is pulled from? explaine please.
        thank you very much for your help in advance
        ewa

Comment

The search.cgi file is part of the Zoom install package. It doesn't change unless you install a new version of Zoom.

But I think you should follow up Ray's suggestion of checking the server configuration. As I think this is the real cause of the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X