Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI Help... Modify RSS Results?

Hello,

Own the Enterprise edition of Zoom and using the XML/CGI output option which is working nice but the RSS output is showing only the page title tag as the url text and then a date under it. How can I modify this to use data that I see if I use the normal search results? Is this part of the CGI or in the xml descriptor? Where is the RSS formatting?

thansk Kevin

...showing only the page title tag as the url text
    It isn't totally clear to me what you are seeing. Can you post a short example of what you see and the URL of the page the result refers to.

Comment

hi

will pm the url... thanks

Comment

Hi, we got your PM and had a look at the URL in question.

First thing to note is that the XML/RSS format we are outputting is based on the OpenSearch standard. But what you see in a browser is dependent on what tags are recognized by the browser or RSS reader you are using.

Most browsers recognize the <description> ... </description> XML element, and display this under each item. Zoom populates this field with the meta description content found on your page. However, it would appear that your website does not contain any meta description tags, and this is why they are empty. If you add meta description tags for your pages, they will appear accordingly. You should also make sure that you have enabled indexing of meta descriptions on the "Indexing Options" tab of the Configuration window.

Context descriptions are also provided, but they are marked up within <zoom:context> tags. But if you view the RSS source, you will see that this is actually made available for the reader to pickup.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X