Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metadata <title> in Search Results

Hi!

I am trying to use Zoom with a web site developed using Lectora, an eLearning authoring tool.

I have learned how to apply metadata Description and Keywords data to each HTML page; Title is more problematic.

Lectora allows you to structure your web site in the format of Chapters, Sections (if necessary; may be nested) and Pages. The HTML page name is a concatenation of this structure, separated by underscores. For example, chapter_1_section_2_page_55.html would be the 55th page in the second section of chapter 1.

Lectora uses the page name (Page 55 in my example above) for the Title of the HTML page (i.e., <title>Page 55</title>).

The web site is structured fairly hierarchically--which means multiple chapters, sections, subsections, and pages. My initial decision was to name these items as succinctly as possible--because even then, concatenation makes for long page names!

Now, using Zoom, I want to have a reasonably unique Page title, so that the search results make sense. But descriptive page titles will make the URL that much more unwieldy!

The Search Results option seems to offer only use of page title, or use of URL as the link. Is there any way to pull a page's "title" from a variable or another metadata tag?

I hope this is clear...the issue is definitely convoluted!

I look forward to creative solutions!

Thanks!

Kathy

The upcoming V6 release will support ZOOMTITLE and ZOOMDESCRIPTION meta tags, which would allow you to specify an alternative title and description to be used by Zoom exclusively. So this would be the ideal solution for your scenario.

We are in beta testing for V6, if you want to join the mailing list and get a copy of the beta, e-mail us with your details.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X