Using slash in search phrase /

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using slash in search phrase /

I am using zoom search on a web site that sells tools and hardware. Many of the tools have descriptions like 1/2 Inch Hammer Drill.

However, if I search on 1/2 Inch Hammer Drill, Zoom reads the 1/2 as 1 2 and discounts it as words in the skip words list.

I am using the CGI version of the engine and I don't think I can change the code, and there is no option to select the slash (/) as a word joining character in the configuration.

Is there any work around for this? If this is not the proper area to ask this question, please let me know.

Unfortunately, no. What you really need is for the "/" character to be a word joining character, and this is not available in the current version. We can consider adding this in V5.0.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, this would be very helpful for us and I am sure for others too. We are using the Pro version on our site and it is working very well. However, not being able to use a slash is a huge disadvantage for us. Otherwise, I am very pleased.

Thanks for your consideration of this matter.

Comment

Forward Slash for Version 5

I agree with the last posting. It's something I asked about in a recent post as well. My site is littered with forward slashes.
        I guess there has to be a line in dealing with the most popular requests and general tweaks.
        All the same it would be a welcome addition to V.5

Comment

Working...
        X