Scheduled Indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Indexing

My scheduled indexing does not upload the files to my web server.
    The scheduled task works and saves the files to the output folder. However it does not ftp the files to the server.

If I open Zoom and click on index the configuration works perfectly. The site is indexed and then the files are automatically uploaded to the server. What am I missing?

Are you sure you are scheduling the right config file?

Does the FTP transfer start & then fail with an error or does it not even attempt to start.

------
    David

Comment

Scheduled Indexing

Yes it is the correct config. At the scheduled time the program starts indexing, I can see it on my PC. When the indexing is complete, it stops but does not upload the files to the web server.

If I open this same config file in Zoom and click "Start Indexing", after the indexing is complete it automatically uploads the files to my web server.

Comment

From the Users Guide (ch 2.9, "Troubleshooting scheduled tasks"):

If your scheduled task does not appear to be running correctly, check the Windows Scheduled Tasks window for more information and an error log (from the Control Panel, click on “Scheduled Tasks”). If Zoom did run, but the configuration is causing issues with indexing, you can view a log of what happened in its last scheduled execution by opening a file named “zoomindexer.log”, located where Zoom is installed (usually “C:\Program Files\Zoom Search\zoomindexer.log”).
        Tell us what messages appear at the bottom of the log, to see if there were any errors in establishing FTP, or in your configuration.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X