Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index SHTML pages

Good Morning (here)
    I have worked with the free version of Zoom and am ready to buy the Professional version except I have one reservation. I need the SHTML extension on my pages because I use Server Side Includes. With the free version of Zoom I am not able to index these pages.
    With the Professional Version of Zoom will I be able to index pages with the SHTML extension?

Thanks for the advice.

Del

Not sure about the differences between the free and paid version of Zoom Search but I'd bet you can index .shtml files without a problem in the free version. Make sure you've added the .shtml file extension on the Scan Options tab of the Zoom Indexer Configuration tool. You'll need to re-index after making this change.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Comment

Yes, you can index shtml files with the free edition (up to 50 pages). The list of differences between the free and paid for versions can be found here.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I got it to work.
        Now I will buy the Pro version.
        I don't know how many times I went past that tab without observing what it could do for me.
        DUH!

Thanks
        Del

Comment

Cannot index SHTML pages

I changed all my web pages from HTML to SHTML and now I cannot index any of the pages. I tried adding .shtml to the list of files to be indexed in the INDEX menu item, CONFIGURE subitem, SCAN OPTIONS tab, but the entry will not remain in the list. I have to keep going back and adding it to the list, but it will not index these files.

Is this a problem in version 5.1.1016 Professional, and do I need to upgrade to a newer version?

Comment

There should be no problem indexing SHTML server side include files in the old V5 release. Nor should there be any problem adding SHTML to the list of file types to be indexed.

I tested it again today in V5.1 build 1017 and didn't see any problems. Did you save the configuration file after adding the new entry. Are you sure you are loading the correct configuration file?

What is the error you see in the log?

You might also want to try V6.

Comment

shtml pages

I got around the problem by not using the Wizard. I just cancel the Wizard as soon as it starts, then everything works OK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X