Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning results based on URL

Hi there,

We've been using ZoomSearch for a while and it works really well for us. Basically we have a number of folders on our webserver which all contain PDFs for a particular month. Each folder has the name of the month (eg. 2008-November), and all the PDFs for the month sit in those folders.

Users can search the PDFs based on keywords, which works well. However I'd like to also be able to limit the search to a particular folder.

I thought that if I was able to also match the folder name in the search, then it would work perfectly.

Does V5 have the ability to return search results based on match in the URL?

You can't search against the URL, but you can the filename (if it is enabled for indexing under "Configure"->"Indexing options").

Maybe you can use the Categories feature? Set up a category for each month, the patterns are matched against the URL (which includes the folder name). Then you can select the month from a category dropdown and search within that folder specifically.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray. Doing that now and this looks to be working ok.

Comment

Working...
      X