Home » Products
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limit number of results?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit number of results?

Two questions regarding the CGI version of Zoom search:

1) Is there a way I can limit the number of results returned without depending on the user to select a number of search results per page?

2) I see that the drop down box for results returned per page defaults to 10. Can I change to default to less than 10? I see how to do in in the scripts of other versions, but I can't figure out how to do it with the CGI version.

Thanks,
    Rob

1.) Yes. You can pre-select the "results per page" setting by either linking to the search page with an extra parameter (eg. instead of simply linking to "search.php", link to "search.php?zoom_per_page=20") or you can define your own search form (see below) with the per page option specified in a hidden input tag.

2.) Yes. You will mostly likely want to disable the auto generated search form, and define your own search form as described in this FAQ:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

You can then specify the available "results per page" options as you would like. If you wish to force it to a specific number, and not allow the user to change it, you can use a hidden input tag like so:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="zoom_per_page" value="5">
    By having this in your search form HTML (and omitting the dropdown box in the example from the FAQ), you will force the search to 5 results per page.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray!

Comment

Working...
      X