PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does zoom support indexing sites with self signed ssl certs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does zoom support indexing sites with self signed ssl certs?

We have a few internal websites with self signed ssl certificates (valid, not expired), and it doesn't look like zoom will index these sites. Is this correct? If not, is there a setting somewhere to ignore the Invalid Security Certificate error?

Thanks!

I am not aware of any issues with this. Can you provide us with the URL in question? Also what is the error message you are seeing. Zoom supports HTTPS.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

The error I get is "no files found to spider" and to check the URL, but behind it, in last logged error message, it says: could not download file: https://<website name> (invalid Security Certificate)

The certificate is valid, just self-signed. I can't provide URL's since they are not accessible from the outside world, but I did find a site using self signed ssl that gives the same error: https://mobilefish.com

Thanks

Comment

Zoom should pickup the settings from IE. So if you trust the certificate in IE, it should then be OK.

• Visit your own web site in Internet Explorer.
        • Click on Continue to this website (not recommended)
        • Click on Certificate Error in the red colored address bar
        • Click on View certificates
        • In the Certificate dialog, press Install Certificate
        • In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next
        • On page 2 of the wizard, select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse;
        • In the Select Certificate Store dialog, select Trusted Root Certification Authorities, click OK
        • In the wizard, click Next, click Finish
        • If a security message pops up, choose Yes

Comment

That worked. Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X