Need to index automatically, from the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to index automatically, from the server

Good product/thx! But so far it requires my work laptop to be on and connected to the internet. Can I set it up to just work from the server [somewhere out there in ISP land/x7hosting.com]? I or my computer don't want to have to be involved in the indexing.

I didn't see an option in the indexer tool. Thanks, All!

response from Zoom Search tech support...

from the "horse's mouth" - "I do not know of any ISP that will allow customers to install foreign software on their servers, so chances are slim that it would be allowed. If your webhost has a search feature, Zoom will not be able to use those files. Zoom only knows how to work with Zoom's own proprietary search files."

looks like indexing will have to be done manually! from a local computer or server here at work that stays on that has remote access - so as to not restrict it to just my work laptop.

Comment

Not sure which horse said this, nor when. Maybe the sentence was taken out of context?

It really has nothing to do with the ISP who provides your internet access. It has everything to do with the server you are running, and the hosting company you are using, if using 3rd party hosting.

You can install the indexer part of the software on any Windows machine. Including any Window 2003/ 2008 servers, 32bit or 64bit.

System requirements are here.

Once installed you can schedule it to index automatically.

Of course you need permission to install software. If it is your own server, or a dedicated 3rd party server, then this should be a non issue. It is true however that the cheaper shared hosting package generally restrict what software can be installed.

Comment

Working...
      X