Jump to match and highlight on PHP pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump to match and highlight on PHP pages

I got the jump to match and highlight working fine on HTML pages but I'm not able to get it to work on another site where the pages are PHP. I know the instructions say it only works on HTML pages but PHP pages become HTML pages by the time the browser executes them so I don't see why they shouldn't work.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Steve

Should work without any problem on PHP/HTML pages.
    As long as you include the JS files and the highlight style.

If you still have a problem can you post the URL to the PHP page.

Comment

Thanks for looking at it. The URL is www.upayahouse.com. I only have the <body onload = "hightlight();"> set up so far on the first (home) page. And only the first page has the link to highlight.js:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/highlight.js"></script>

The .highlight style is at the end of main.css:

.highlight {
      background: #FFFF40;
      }

If you search for "Mud" it finds it on the first page, but "Mud" isn't highlighted (top left panel) on the page.

Thanks again for looking at it.

Steve

Comment

You have the highlight script added to this page:
        http://www.upayahouse.com/

However, when I searched for "mud", the home page that is returned as the second reuslt (entitled "Upaya House Home") is a link to:
        http://www.steveswebshopphp.com/upaya/

This is a different page. Note that you have disabled the URL from displaying in the search results which probably added to the confusion.

Going to this latter URL, I viewed the source and there is no highlight.js linked to it, nor the abovementioned changes.

Not sure how your site is setup. If the main domain (upayahouse.com) is a redirect to the other domain, then I would imagine the home page content should be the same. But the changes you mentioned was only applied to one of them, so that can't be true.

Eitherway, you would probably wan to be consistent and index the site on the same domain as you want the user to view it, to save confusion.

And the reason it's not highlighting on that page, is because the highlight script and the needed changes aren't on it. Always check manually with "View Source" in the browser.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

Thank you, first, for digging into this.

Yes, you are right. There are two versions of the site. In my mind there was only one and both steveswebshopphp.com/upaya and upaya.com pointed to it so I thought I was safe letting Zoom index steveswebshopphp.com/upaya. But as soon as I read your response I recalled that I actually had set the second site - upaya.com - up on a different hosting server when I rewrote it to use php, and so what you said made perfect sense. Once I pointed the Zoom indexer to the new php site everything worked as it should.

Many thanks!

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X