This page is NOT about the official public release.
This page provides information on pre-release
builds of V7 which is currently in the Beta Testing stage of development.
Please go to the main site for download links and information on the current V6 public build.
Zoom Search Engine V7 Beta Release
This release is for users who are interested in testing some of the new features we are adding to the upcoming major release: V7.
There are many new features in V7 and documentation is not yet complete. We will update this page with more information as time permits.
This is an BETA release. V7 is still in development and we are testing for bugs and adding new features. So it would not be as stable as V6 and is intended for testing purposes only. We are interested in all feedback.
Download Zoom V7 Beta 1c Release
(Last updated: 5/June/2013) This alpha release will expire on 1/Aug/2013. A new release (beta or otherwise) will be available on this page before that date. Note that while the Indexer will expire, the search files generated will continue to work.
WARNING: Please note that V7 installs over your existing V6 installation. Should you need to rollback to the current V6 release, you will need to uninstall V7 and install V6 again. Backup your ZCFG configuration file and any other customized files you may have first.
New features in V7
- Autocomplete search box: As you type in the search box, suggestions based on popular searches will appear to autocomplete the query ("Configure"->"Autocomplete")
- Date range searching: You can now specify a date range at search time with a dropdown date selection box. ("Configure"->"Search Page"->"Enable Date Range searching")
- Improved ASP.NET Server Control supporting postbacks and viewstates (download V7 ASP.NET Server Control below). Only needed if you are using the ASP.NET platform option.
- Email file formats now supported (.PST, .MBOX, .DBX, .EML, .MSG). Useful for Intranet search engines.
- URL indexing: Now indexing the URL (domain name) and the path (folder names) in the URL. ("Configure"->"Indexing options")
- Search by site: Now supporting "site:" and "url:" search syntax, e.g. a search for "beagle site:mydogs.com" will search for all beagles on the mydogs.com domain only.
- Domain diversity: Ensure the first 3 results come from different domains ("Configure"->"Search Page"). Useful for search engines indexing more than one site.
- Scan files with unknown extensions: Analyzes files of unrecognizable file extensions to determine how to index them. Useful on "deep searching" external web sites.
- OpenDocument support: Supports OpenOffice/KOffice/GoogleOffice, etc. files via the odt2txt plugin.
- Media file support: Supports indexing meta data from AVI, WMV, MPG, RMV, FLV, MOV, QT, WAV files using the exiftool plugin.
- And many other improvements and fixes we will be documenting soon...
V7 ASP.NET Server Control
Please refer to the Users Guide or Help file chapter, "Installing the ASP.NET native control" for more information and instructions on how to use this.
Download V7 ASP.NET Server Control (32-bit)
Download V7 ASP.NET Server Control (64-bit)
(Last updated: 31/Jan/2013) Version 7.0 Alpha 11
Note that you will need to install the above ASP.NET Server Control on your IIS web server and also index your website using the Indexer application (from the Zoom Search Engine package) with the "ASP.NET" platform selected.
Controls for new V7 ASP.NET settings can be found under "Configure"->"Search Page" to enable Postback support and disable <form> tag generation.