Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display Directory Structure on Search Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Directory Structure on Search Page

I am looking to use Zoom and FlyingAnt to create searchable CD/DVDs that contain PDF files that I have scanned and OCRed. On the main search page I would like to provide a view of the directories containing the PDFs that users could browse.

If it's not possible to provide this , a link that launches an explorer view of the directories would be useful.

I would certainly appreciate if anyone could let me know if this is possible, and point me in the right direction to learn how to do it..

Thanks

Jeff

FlyingAnt will serve a directory listing if you link to a folder without a filename (and provided there's no "index.html" file). The behaviour is configurable within FlyingAnt. See the "list_directories" option on the Support page. It should be on by default.

I'm not quite sure how you are expecting to integrate directory browsing into a search page (what happens when they click on a folder? do you expect to leave the search page or stay? I suppose you could do the latter with frames). But it's certainly something you can use I think.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the info Ray.

I'll give it a try using frames.

jeff

Comment

Working...
      X