X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AG,

We did some tests with your ZCFG file.

The file you sent us had 13 start points to begin with. We ran a full index on this, and it succeeded to index 12 out of the 13 start points. The last start point returned this error message:

Additional start URL invalid or already scanned: http://www.troid.org/store/home.php
    This is correct behaviour. This last start point in your list was already indexed by your second start point (http://www.troid.org/).

We then removed 2 of the start points, returning it to the 11 start point configuration you mentioned. We ran a full re-index with this configuration, and it succeeded without problems (11 out of 11 start points were indexed).

We then used the "Incremental" -> "Add start points to existing index" option to add the 2 start points back, again following your description. This also ran without problems.

So to conclude, we did not see the same problem you appear to be having.

But here are some points and possible explanations for what you are seeing:

- As we saw above, you may have been adding start points that were already indexed by your existing start points, and thus, Zoom skips over them. This is expected and normal.

- Did you check/read the error messages that popped up in red in the Index Log? Particularly near the end of indexing. These message would tell you why Zoom stopped indexing. It is important to make note of these messages.

- Some of the domains you were indexing from may have been down during your indexing session. Or your own Internet connection may have been unavailable. There should be error messages in the Index Log which indicate download problems if there were any. Note that you can save the index log to file (see "Index Log" tab in the Configuration window) if you wish to search through your index log in more detail via Notepad etc.

- We noticed one minor problem with the Status reporting "Start points indexed: 1 / 2" when performing an incremental add start point with only 1 start point. It should say "1 / 1" (the number of incremental start points reported in the status is one more than the actual), we'll fix this. It does not appear to be related to your described problem though. Unless you were basing your counts on this.

If you continue to have problems, please take note of the Index Log messages, and check what reason Zoom gives you as to why a start point was not indexed. Save this index log and send it to us as well if you can pinpoint the problem.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi, I tried Zoom Search Engine V5 beta 14 .
      I used an enterprise key sent to me by you!
      After Indexing and searching I clicked on a result. It connected to your site and I received this error message
      "Unauthorized copy of Zoom Search Engine detected "
      This is the first beta release that gives me this message.
      I have used most of the previous beta versions with Professional Edition (before you introduced Enterprise edition) and I didn't get this message.
      Thank you!
      Last edited by cardiogr; Nov-04-2006, 05:34 PM.

Comment

This appears to be a bug in the beta 14 build. Please contact us by email for more information. We will provide a new build addressing this issue ASAP.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
          I rolled back to Beta 13 and reindexed with Beta 13.
          I will wait for the next version, since Beta 14 has this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiogr View Post
            After Indexing and searching I clicked on a result. It connected to your site and I received this error message
            "Unauthorized copy of Zoom Search Engine detected "
            This problem has now been fixed in a patch release we made today. You can download it from the same download link found on the "How to download Zoom V5" thread.

The patch release is named "Version 5.0 Beta 14b". You can verify if you are using this patched build by clicking on Help->About within the Indexer.

Sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

V5 Bug

why is the recommanded links can't support foreign language? i input foreign language in recommanded links's words,but when i input this words in my search,can't show recommanded links.

Comment

What is the foreign word being entered for the recommended link?
                What character set (e.g. UTF- are you using on your web pages?

Comment

recommanded link

i used chinese,i used utf-8 in search page,but the search is no problem,only recommanded link have error.

Comment

This seems like a bug (unable to match recommended link keywords in UTF-8 encoding). We will look into it on Monday, and hopefully have it fixed for the final release.
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

V5.0 has now been publicly released on the 30/Nov/06. So this thread for beta testing is now closed. Any problems found in the public V5.0 release should be posted in a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X