Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a plug in

Hi,

Some time ago I asked about the possibility of making zoom searching emails (.msg files). I appreciate it is not a top priority with the imminent arrival of Version 5 but having done a bit more research I was wondering how easy it is to make a DIY plugin. I have found a website that uses something called an iFilter to turn MSG files into plaintext that can be read by a search engine.

http://www.ifiltershop.com/msgfilter.html

I may be barking up the wrong tree here though!

Thanks

Ed

There are a few issues with indexing E-Mail. Often multiple E-Mails are stored in a single file, meaning that it is more complex to index and display a single E-Mail.

There are also multiple E-Mail file formats. Probably more than 6 in common use. So to handle all E-Mail you need to deal with lot of different file formats.

But the real reason we haven't looked at it is because people aren't asking for it. I guess this is because most people don't make their E-Mail available on the web for searching. (But I can see some use for Intranets and the like).

There is no facility to make a custom plug-in at the moment in Zoom. It is something we would like to support at some point however.

Comment

Working...
    X