No announcement yet.

Zoom 5 Beta Release questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The major activity during the last 10 days was updating the help file and users guide. This is now pretty much complete. We found a fixed a few more bugs as well but nothing major.

The web site updates still need to be done. As does the update notification E-mail. But we'll do another deta release tomorrow or Wednesday. We expect this beta to be the same as the final release. i.e. We'll just remove the word 'beta' in a week or two.

Comment

that's great. Would I be safe in downloading V5 now, or should I wait (I'm an impatient bugger )
      Pete Vickerstaff
      MG F/TF Central

Comment

You're free to get the most recent beta and have a play with that. But the new beta should be ready in a few days.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I should be able to wait that long then
          Pete Vickerstaff
          MG F/TF Central

Comment

Provide support for windows vista also please...

Comment

We have done some brief testing, and Zoom does appear to run on Vista. There are some issues with FTP we will be looking into, see the Known problems thread:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128

But basically, while Vista itself is still in beta stage, not all issues may be fully resolved for some time. Please let us know if you have experienced any actual issues with running Zoom on Vista.
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Is there a new release date for v5?

Maybe I missed it somewhere but I was wondering if a new release date has been set yet for version 5?

Comment

It should be tomorrow!
                  30/Nov/06
                  (Unless someone reports a serious bug, that we have missed during testing, in the next 12 hours)

Comment

Working...
                  X