Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration Settings not Saving

HI all,

I installed the zoom search engine vers 4 to my site and it worked okay. It even indexed the site even though I had HTaccess protection. Then I wanted to change some configuration settings like a month later from the results page. For example take off the date that the page was uploaded/created. No matter how many times I changed and saved the configuration settings it didn't change. I'm close to taking it off completely now. Any ideas on why it won't work. I even took it off completely and then put it back on but still didn't work.

Thanks

Craig

After you make changes to the configuration you should,

1) Save a configuration file (from the File menu). This avoid re-entering data, becuase you can load your last configuration.

2) Re-index your site and re-upload the index files to your host. This step is required as many of the configuration settings have an impact on the structure or content of the index.

I am guessing you were expecting changes you make to your configuration to instantly be reflected on your remote web site? This is not the case. You need to rebuild the index.

Which means you should try and get the settings right with a small set of pages before embarking on indexing, for example, 100,000 pages.

Comment

Configuration settings not saving

Thanks. I've got it working now.

Comment

Working...
      X