PDFs display as .doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDFs display as .doc

Just started using Zoom and love it! One thing strange I noticed. I've got a ton of PDF files that I'm searching. On the results page, the titles all are getting labelled as Word Documents instead of PDF. It links to the PDF okay. Can this be changed in the settings?

Example:

1. Microsoft Word - Unit 5 Grade 9.doc
    ... Immigration to the United States: Past and Present (3-4 days) Standard: Benchmark: Indicator Suggested Strategies/Lessons Vocabulary immigration, Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities: ...
    Terms matched: 1 - Score: 160 - 6 Dec 2006 - URL: http://s5500.gridserver.com/external/gateway/content/files/pdf/grade_9/Grade9_lesson_129.pdf

Well, figured it out. This title is part of the PDF. Sorry for the wasted space!

Comment

Yes, you must have created these PDF files from Word documents and the meta title in the PDF is the Word document file name. (If you can't fix the PDF, you can override the title with a .desc file. See the Zoom users guide for details).

Comment

And to avoid making PDFs with this problem in the future - you should make sure to use the Acrobat Distiller to create your PDF files from your Word documents, as opposed to simply Printing to the PDF Writer.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X