• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBscript error: Substring out of range

When I try to use the search, I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'
    Subscript out of range
    /language/1033/search.asp, line 2025

Someone posted before about this error, but the solution hasn't helped me. I've re-indexed my files, checked to make sure they were all updated (by looking at the dates), and I don't FTP my files (I copy-and-paste to network drive). The first time it happened, I realized that I had both 4.2 (demo) and 5.0 installed, so I uninstalled 4.2, deleted all search files on the web server, rebooted (my local machine, not the web server), then re-indexed. However, I'm still getting the error.

While I was using the 4.2 demo, I never had this problem.

The most likely reason is a corrupted set of index files. Are you really sure you copied ALL the files when you did your copy and paste. In particaular did you copy the settings.asp file? The settings.asp file gets updated each time you re-index and needs to be moved to the server each time.

Why are you doing a copy and paste? Why not just set the output directory in Zoom to be the final directory. This avoids one possible cause of errors.

Comment

I connect to the web server through Remote Desktop Connection, and am not sure how to get Zoom to copy things there automatically. However, I will look into this.

I am copying the following files:
      settings.asp
      search.asp
      search_template.html
      zoom_dictionary.zdat
      zoom_pagedata.zdat
      zoom_pageinfo.zdat
      zoom_pagetext.zdat
      zoom_spelling.zdat
      zoom_wordmap.zdat

I'm using the exact same prodedure I used with the 4.2 demo version, and I didn't get this error using the 4.2 demo software.

Comment

Oh, and one other bit that may be important. It reports the correct number of matches, then displays one result link, and then it errors out. It might mean nothing, but just in case...

Comment

Arrrh. Yes. Opps. That last comment was important. A little light just went off.

There is a known bug in the V5.0 build 1000 ASP script that we found 2 days ago. If you turn off the date display in ASP then it can crash. Turning back on the date display will work around the problem. This problem did not exist in V4.2. It was a result of code changes made for V5.

We are going to release a patch release for V5.0 today or tomorrow (build 1001) that will fix the problem.

My apologies for not thinking of this earlier.

Comment

That fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Comment

V5.0 build 1001 is now available for download from our web site. It should allow you to turn off the date display in ASP without getting this error.

Comment

Working...
              X