PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alter the search result text length.Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alter the search result text length.Is it possible?

Hi all,
    I have 1 basic qiestion that I cannot find an answer to (Checked the FAQ, PDF instructions and searched the forum.) but I might have overlooked it when scanning the info. texts.

In regards to the results one gets after you done a search.
    Is it possible to alter the amount of text that are goinf to be displayed around the word a person has searched for?

As an example if we take your site.
    I search for "dvd" and the result I get is:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Zoom Front End - CD, DVD & Desktop Search without a web server [Support]
    How to use the Zoom search.cgi executable to search a CD /DVD or your local hard disk without a web server in Windows
    ... Home Products Zoom Search Engine Support Searching a CD/DVD or desktop without a web server Zoom Front End- CD& Desktop searching without a web server For advanced users and software developers While Javascript is a ...
    Terms matched: 1 - Score: 111 - 4 Dec 2006 - URL: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/cgifrontend.html

Is it possible to make it display more or less text if one needs?
    If shorter as example would be:
    ... Home Products Zoom Search Engine Support Searching a CD/DVD or desktop...
    or longer...
    Basicly in anyway control the amount of text thats goin to be displayed around the search word.
    And if one ca, where do you do it?
    Is this a easy changeble option or do you have to "hardcode" it somewhere (where in that case?).

Thanks for your time.

In the Zoom configuration window, on the Results Layout tab you can adjust the Context Size. The default is 30 words.

Comment

Ah I see.
      Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Comment

Working...
      X